Check out our Dodo video below!
Belly Rubbins For Bubbins: The Story of a Rescue Dog (Accessibility Version, Hardcover)
The accessibility adaptation of the original children's book, Belly Rubbins For Bubbins: The Story of A Rescue Dog, is specifically designed to meet the needs of readers with a variety of disabilities. Included throughout the book are features specifically created to support communication, vision, comprehension, and attention. This adaptation was developed with the help of our accessibility consultant, Sydni Cohen, who is a Special Education teacher in Maryland.
Belly Rubbins for Bubbins brings to life the incredible journey of Bubbins the rescue dog. Although life was not always easy for him, Bubbins never gave up and always believed he would find a loving family one day. This book teaches children about rescue dogs, animal shelters, and the importance of kindness toward all living beings. It also highlights the resilience and the unconditional loving nature of rescue dogs.
- Simplified illustrations and text to assist with general learning needs and attention.
- Picture symbols below the text to summarize concepts within sentences.
- A high contrast outline around Bubbins to highlight salient features and support visual processing.
- “Communication Station!”, a customized core board which will support the reader’s ability to comment, answer questions, and communicate about the story.
- Two DIY page masking tools which can be used to eliminate visual clutter on the page, frame illustrations, and frame the text without picture supports.
How To Proactively Stop Animal Cruelty and Abuse of Dogs!
We've Educated Thousands Of Children Across The World About Rescue Dogs, Adopt A Classroom And Make Your Community Next!
The Story of a Rescue Dog, The Real Bubbins
Official: Belly Rubbins For Bubbins - The Story Of a Rescue Dog
#2 Overall Barnes and Noble Top 100 Bestseller
Featured on The Dodo
Featured on The Today Show
51% of profits donated to charity